Never, never, never give in! Winston Churchill
Perseverance is the critical element that gets the winner to the finish line every time. Changing your life is hard work, so what do you do when your energy is flagging and it seems like there’s a setback at every turn?
In this 4 part series on perseverance, I offer some tips and tactics to help you go the distance, to persevere toward your big-picture vision. Perseverance requires that you understand that sometimes you need to cut yourself some slack, back off of your goals, and just take care of yourself. Other times you need to give yourself a swift kick in the rear to stay on track. Whether you need help in pulling back or ramping up, go through these tips and see which ones might work for you. Just keep one foot in front of the other and you’ll make it!
6. Do some deep breathing exercises.
7. Enroll in an adult education or college course to help you meet one of your goals or learn a new skill.
8. Get your endorphins going and your body moving by taking a brisk walk or lifting some weights (even soup cans or water bottles).
9. Practice one of the visualization exercises like envisioning your healing sanctuary.
10. Teach someone a skill that reinforces a step on your road map.